Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Bridgette's Famous Lasagna

I get requests quite often for this one. If I'm going to a potluck- Ohh, Bridgette. Can you bring lasagna? or having a party at my house- Are you making lasagna? OK, so here's how I make it.

Ingredients:
1     lb    ground beef
1   box   lasagna noodles
2   cans  tomato sauce
1    tub   cottage cheese (reg size, not the big one)
1     lb    shredded cheddar cheese
2    TB   dried Italian seasoning
              sea salt and fresh ground pepper

Directions:
Brown meat in skillet with dried herbs, dash of salt, and several cranks of pepper. In a 9x13 glass pan, make one layer of DRIED lasagna noodles on the bottom. Sprinkle 1/2 the meat on top. Pour one can of sauce evenly over the meat and noodles. Spread with a spoon so sauce covers ALL the noodles. Glop 1/2 the cottage cheese on top in several small increments spread over the other layers. Sprinkle 1/4 of the shredded cheese over all, and repeat the layers. The final layer of cheese will need to cover the whole lot, so spread accordingly. Cover with foil.
Bake in the oven at 425 degrees F for 45 minutes or until all the cheese on top is melted. Remove the foil. Bake 15 minutes longer. Take out of the oven and let rest for 20-30 minutes- until set and cool enough to eat!
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy, I may have to try this..... or you could just bring me a pan of it.... JK, I am hungry though and this does look great.
    Love you,

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a Treat but I like mine with Veggies! Lots and Lots of Veggies...

    ReplyDelete